The Advisory Board serves as a body tasked with providing the Coordinator and Executive Board with key independent scrutiny on the project’s development and enhancing the dissemination potential of the project. The Advisory Board is composed of well-established scholars and high-level institutional representatives, so as to maximize the academic and policy relevance as well as the dissemination impact of the project.
The Advisory Board’s members will be invited to the project’s events (kick-off meetings, workshops, public events, final conference) and called upon to give their feedback on the project’s deliverables. In addition, they will have the opportunity to contribute to the project with short opinion pieces (Op-eds) on Brexit and its implications at institutional, political and societal level.
EU IDEA’s Advisory Board is composed of 7 members:
- Giuliano Amato, Member of the Constitutional Court of Italy; former Prime Minister of Italy; former Vice President of the Convention on the Future of Europe;
- Olli Rehn, Governor of the Bank of Finland;
- Vivien A. Schmidt, Jean Monnet Professor of European Integration, Professor of International Relations and Political Science at Boston University, and Founding Director of BU’s Center for the Study of Europe;
- Wolfgang Wessels, German political scientist, Jean Monnet Chair ad personam for Political Science since 1990 and Director of the Centre for Turkey and European Union Studies (CETEUS) at the University of Cologne;
- Gianni Bonvicini, expert in European issues and foreign policy, Scientific Advisor and Board Director’s member of the Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI);
- Kalypso Nicolaidis, Professor of International Relations at the University of Oxford and director of the Center for International Studies and the Department of Politics and International Relations ; and
- Ingrid Shikova, Full Professor of EU policies at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”.